Chinese superstar Lin Dan wins Australian Open final
Updated: 2014-06-29 21:39
SYDNEY - Chinese player Lin Dan beat Indonesian Simon Santoso and won the World Superseries Australian Badminton Open in Sydney on Sunday.
The two-time Olympic gold medallist won 22-24, 21-16, 21-7 in 75 minutes. It was Lin's first World Superseries final win since 2012.
During the first game of the final, Santoso was ahead for most of time, but Lin responded positively and took great control of the following two games, getting to the triumph with excellent shots.
Meanwhile, Chinese Tian Qing and Zhao Yunlei took the Women's doubles crown, while South Korean Lee Yong-Dae and Yoo Yeon-Seong won the men's doubles final.
India's Saina Nehwal earlier bagged the women's singles title, while the mixed doubles champion has been taken by Ko Sung-Hyan and Kim Ha-Na from South Korea.
The 2014 Australian Badminton Open was held in Sydney from June 24 to 29, with an award of 750,000 U.S. dollars.
- Illegal drugs go up in smoke in Guangdong
- PLA vessels join Pacific naval drill for the first time
- Relatives unmoved by new search zone for jet
- Hebei envisions integrated traffic network by 2020
- 3D paintings entertain people in Hong Kong
- Officials deny planning to turn 600 colleges into senior vocational schools