Top 10 regions that led the shopping spree on Singles Day
Updated: 2015-11-13 06:48
The e-commerce giant, which accounted for 8 percent of China's total retail volume, said its sales on Wednesday beat last year's record of 57.1 billion yuan within 12 hours.
Here are the top 10 provinces and municipals that contributed most to the buying binge on Nov 11, according to Alibaba.
10. Fujian province
Tulou, Hakka earth building in Yongding, Fujian province, Nov 5, 2015. [Photo/IC]
- Valletta summit enhances political will to solve migration crisis amid concerns about EU consolidation
- S Korean court upholds life sentence for ferry captain
- China, US prepare for dialogue to fight cybercrime
- Myanmar's opposition to independently form government
- Obama signs executive order on lifting sanctions against Liberia
- Reputed New York mobster, 80, cleared in 1978 'Goodfellas' heist