600 arrested in Beijing's vice crackdown
Updated: 2015-05-24 18:52
BEIJING - Beijing police have busted 68 organized prostitution gangs and arrested over 600 suspects in a month-long campaign against prostitution, gambling and drugs.
The arrests were made in raids at entertainment venues including private clubs, discotheques and bath houses across the city since April, according to the Beijing public security bureau.
Three clubs and three karaoke parlors have been closed for engaging in prostitution and gambling.
Beijing has been the subject of much discussion since last year after a number of celebrities were arrested on narcotics or prostitution charges, including Jackie Chan's son Jaycee Chan who was caught taking drugs with Taiwanese actor Ko Chen-tung last year.
- 600 arrested in Beijing's vice crackdown
- Building collapse in Guizhou caused by landslide: govt
- Xi welcomes Japan delegation but warns against historical distortion
- Chinese Vice-Premier stresses flood control
- China to draft more social work standards to improve service
- Hospital fee adjustments won't raise medical bills