13 dead in Guizhou coal mine accident
Updated: 2015-08-14 13:13
GUIYANG - The death toll from a coal mine gas outburst in Guizhou Province rose to 13 after authorities found bodies of three people previously reported missing.
Another five people were injured and authorities have wrapped up search and rescue. The cause of the investigation is still ongoing.
The outburst occurred at around 7:50 p.m. Tuesday at the coal mine in Louxia Township of Pu'an County. A total of 56 people safely moved out of the mine.
- IS likely uses mustard agent in Iraq attack
- Fidel Castro marks 89th birthday with surprise visit
- Switzerland begins public consultations on joining China-led AIIB
- Malaysia seeks increased trade ties with China
- China salutes veterans of anti-Japanese aggression war
- 5 Japanese ex-PMs show concerns over security bills