Tycoons exchange views on building a cyberspace community of shared future
Updated: 2015-12-17 12:57
Gu Yongqiang, CEO of Youku Tudou Inc, is pictured during the Second World Internet Conference in Wuzhen, East China's Zhejiang province on Dec 17, 2015. [Photo/IC]
Gu Yongqiang, CEO of Youku Tudou Inc
The merger and acquisition will become a normal thing in the Internet industry for both China and the US, the two major Internet powers. It is the other way for startups to grow other than going to the market.
The case of Alibaba acquiring online video giant Youku Tudou Inc is the first-of-its-kind merger of an online content platform and an online shopping platform. Internet convergence is developing in a healthy way and is becoming a trend.
- Pandas prefer choosing their own sex partners, researchers find
- Tycoons exchange views on building a cyberspace community of shared future
- China successfully launches its first dark matter satellite
- Report: Layoffs may loom next year
- China launches satellite to shed light on invisible dark matter
- China strongly opposes US arms sale to Taiwan
- Good international coordination a must to combat terrorism
- Chinese embassy: spy report 'sheer fiction'
- US, Cuba agree on restoring commercial flights
- Fed raises interest rates, first rate hike since 2006
- IAEA decides to close nuclear weapons probe of Iran
- Russia, US call for common ground over issues