Top 10 policy changes in China in 2015
Updated: 2015-12-28 07:05
A certificate of household registration. [Photo/IC]
Household permits on the way for all
China will provide unregistered citizens with household registration permits, a crucial document entitling them to social welfare, according to a high--level reform meeting held in early December.
"It is a basic legal right for Chinese citizens to lawfully register for hukou. It's also a premise for citizens to participate in social affairs, enjoy rights and fulfill duties," said a statement released on Dec 9 after a meeting of the central leading group for comprehensively deepening reform.
The meeting was told that registration should take place regardless of family planning and other policy limits, and that those without hukou who face difficulties in applying should have their problems solved.
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Former Israeli PM Olmert's jail term cut, cleared of main charge
- Japan, S. Korea reach deal on 'comfort women'
- More than 70 killed in Nigeria bombings, suicide attacks
- Argentina issues orange alert for heat wave