Top 10 policy changes in China in 2015
Updated: 2015-12-28 07:05
Potential homebuyers visit a housing expo in Zhengzhou, Henan province.[Provided to China Daily]
Rural residents encouraged to buy properties in cities
China will roll out measures to reduce its property inventory and stabilize its ailing housing market, said a statement released on Dec 21 after a key policy meeting.
Rural residents relocating to urban areas should be allowed to register as city residents, which would enable them to buy or rent property, according to the conference.
In addition, a low-rent public housing program will cover those without household registration.
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident
- Former Israeli PM Olmert's jail term cut, cleared of main charge
- Japan, S. Korea reach deal on 'comfort women'
- More than 70 killed in Nigeria bombings, suicide attacks
- Argentina issues orange alert for heat wave