Procuratorate reveals motive for bus arson in NW China
Updated: 2016-01-11 10:01
YINCHUAN - A local procuratorate said on Sunday that the suspected arsonist set a bus on fire in northwest China after he failed to resolve a financial dispute with a construction contractor.
A bus caught fire on the morning of Jan 5 in Yinchuan City, capital of northwest China's Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region. The fire has left 17 people dead and 33 injured.
Police detained the arson suspect Ma Yongping later that day. The procuratorate in Yinchuan approved the arrest on Sunday.
The procuratorate said Ma failed to resolve a financial dispute with a construction contractor and expressed his discontent by setting the bus on fire.
- Obama says US must act on gun violence, defends new gun control rules
- Over 1 million refugees have fled to Europe by sea in 2015: UN
- Turbulence injures multiple Air Canada passengers, diverts flight
- NASA releases stunning images of our planet from space station
- US-led air strikes kill IS leaders linked to Paris attacks
- DPRK senior party official Kim Yang Gon killed in car accident