New think tank for social protection launched
Updated: 2016-01-11 16:18
By Luo Wangshu(chinadaily.com.cn)
A new think tank to enhance social protection was launched in Beijing on Monday.
The Zhongmin Academy of Social Protection, a think tank under the Ministry of Civil Affairs, aims to conduct policy research in social protection, such as poverty eradication and social investment in nursing homes in rural areas.
"China has been improving its social protection system. As of the end of November 2015, 6.6 million people were enrolled in the Dibao program,about 4.9 percent of China’s population," said Gong Puguang, vice minister of civil affairs.
The Dibao program guarantees a minimum living standard for urban and rural dwellers in an effort to eliminate poverty.
China’s social protection policy research needs to be improved, Gong said.
Wang Zhikun, president of the new academy, said the "academy will bridge government and social resources, establish a platform for communication and cooperation, and train social protection professionals".
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap
- Drone makers see soaring growth but dark clouds circle industry
- China's Zhang reaches Australian Open quarterfinals
- Spring Festival in the eyes of Chinese painters
- Cold snap brings joy and beauty to south China
- The making of China Daily's Tibetan-style English font
- First trains of Spring Festival travel depart around China
- Dough figurines of Monkey King welcome the New Year
- Ning Zetao, Liu Hong named China's athletes of the year
8 highlights about V-day Parade
Glimpses of Tibet: Plateaus, people and faith
Chinese entrepreneurs remain optimistic despite economic downfall
50th anniversary of Tibet autonomous region
Tianjin explosions: Deaths, destruction and bravery
Cinemas enjoy strong first half
Today's Top News
National Art Museum showing 400 puppets in new exhibition
Finest Chinese porcelains expected to fetch over $28 million
Monkey portraits by Chinese ink painting masters
Beijing's movie fans in for new experience
Obama to deliver final State of the Union speech
Shooting rampage at US social services agency leaves 14 dead
Chinese bargain hunters are changing the retail game
Chinese president arrives in Turkey for G20 summit
Geared to go
The place to be