Policy paper reviews 60 years of China-Arab relations
Updated: 2016-01-14 20:07
By Wang Qingyun(chinadaily.com.cn)
People select Pakistani brassware at the China-Arab States Expo 2015 in Yinchuan, capital of northwest China's Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, Sept 12, 2015. [Photo/Xinhua]
A report outlining China's policies towards Arab countries is important for improving the China-Arab relationship, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said on Thursday.
The government issued its first Arab Policy Paper a day earlier.
The paper looks back on the achievements of the China-Arab relationship over the past 60 years, and outlines the road map of China's cooperation with Arab countries in politics, economy and trade, social development, people-to-people exchanges and peace and security.
The paper is "significant" for the establishment of China-Arab strategic cooperative relations of "comprehensive cooperation and common development", Hong said.
This year marks the 60th anniversary of China-Arab relations. For the past six decades China and Arab countries have respected each other and treated each other equally, and their cooperation, which made "historic leaps" in various fields, has become "a leading example of South-South cooperation", Hong said.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap