Former Party chief of nat'l science association stands trial over bribery
Updated: 2016-01-18 15:26
BEIJING -- Shen Weichen, former Party secretary and executive vice president of the China Association for Science and Technology (CAST), stood trial on Monday on charges of taking bribes, according to a statement from a court in Changzhou, Jiangsu Province.
Shen was accused of accepting bribes worth about 95.41 million yuan (around 14.5 million U.S. dollars) between 1992 and 2014.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap