Blast in firework factory leaves four missing, four injured
Updated: 2016-01-20 11:20
By Liu Wei(chinadaily.com.cn)
Fire and smoke rise from the accident site. [Photo/IC]
Four people are missing and other four injured after a blast tore through a firework factory in Kunshan village, Yangkou town, Shangrao city, East China's Jiangxi province, at 12:30 am on Wednesday, according to local police in Shangrao, reported sina.com.cn.
Local residents said the explosion was so powerful that the impact left many houses damaged with doors and windows broken.
Search-and-rescue teams are trying to locate the four missing people, including a chef and a security guard. An investigation into the cause of the blast has been launched.
The blast shattered a window. [Photo from Sina Weibo]
- Railway police nab 40,315 fugitives in 2015
- China issues blue alert for snow storms
- Blast in firework factory leaves four missing, four injured
- Struggles of a Shanxi coal mine owner in bleak industry winter
- China launches system to check authenticity of living buddhas
- China sees rising online fraud in 2015: report
- Hollande makes last-chance push to curb French unemployment
- Two gunmen killed in attack on Pakistan university
- Indian PM kicks off assembly poll campaign in NE India
- Taxi drivers block central Budapest all day in protest against Uber
- Police respond to reports of shooting at Sydney police station
- Okinawa squares up to Tokyo over US base row