State Councilor to attend Indonesian rail project ceremony
Updated: 2016-01-20 19:47
By Wang Qingyun(chinadaily.com.cn)
State Councilor Wang Yong will attend the commencement ceremony for Indonesia's first high-speed railway project during his visit to the country from Wednesday to Friday, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said on Wednesday.
Wang will meet with Indonesia President Joko Widodo and will attend the ceremony launching the joint project that will connect Jakarta to Bandung about 150 kilometers away, Hong said.
Wang is visiting Indonesia at the invitation of the country, he said.
There is "very good momentum" in the development of the China-Indonesia relationship and the two countries working together in constructing the railway will enhance their practical cooperation in infrastructure and develop their comprehensive strategic partnership, he added.
The highest designated speed for trains on the new railway will be 300 kilometers per hour, according to China Railway, who led an organization of companies that signed the agreement with their Indonesian counterparts to form a company to run the project on Oct 16, 2015.
The railway will improve Indonesia's infrastructures and enhance interconnectivity, said Hong.
- Railway police nab 40,315 fugitives in 2015
- China issues blue alert for snow storms
- Blast in firework factory leaves four missing, four injured
- Struggles of a Shanxi coal mine owner in bleak industry winter
- China launches system to check authenticity of living buddhas
- China sees rising online fraud in 2015: report
- Former US VP candidate Palin endorses Trump with a 'hallelujah'
- Gunmen kill at least 19 after storming Pakistan university
- Hollande makes last-chance push to curb French unemployment
- Taxi drivers block central Budapest all day in protest against Uber
- Police respond to reports of shooting at Sydney police station
- Okinawa squares up to Tokyo over US base row