State Councilor to attend Indonesian rail project ceremony
Updated: 2016-01-20 19:47
By Wang Qingyun(chinadaily.com.cn)
State Councilor Wang Yong will attend the commencement ceremony for Indonesia's first high-speed railway project during his visit to the country from Wednesday to Friday, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said on Wednesday.
Wang will meet with Indonesia President Joko Widodo and will attend the ceremony launching the joint project that will connect Jakarta to Bandung about 150 kilometers away, Hong said.
Wang is visiting Indonesia at the invitation of the country, he said.
There is "very good momentum" in the development of the China-Indonesia relationship and the two countries working together in constructing the railway will enhance their practical cooperation in infrastructure and develop their comprehensive strategic partnership, he added.
The highest designated speed for trains on the new railway will be 300 kilometers per hour, according to China Railway, who led an organization of companies that signed the agreement with their Indonesian counterparts to form a company to run the project on Oct 16, 2015.
The railway will improve Indonesia's infrastructures and enhance interconnectivity, said Hong.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap