A look back at Spring Festival rush
Updated: 2016-01-23 10:31
Passengers rest wherever they can on trains, Feb 19, 2014. [Photo/CFP]
China will see travel rush for Spring Festival start on Jan 24 when students and migrant workers head to railway stations to make their journey back to their hometowns.
The Ministry of Transport expects about 2.91 billion trips will be undertaken during the peak travel period around the Lunar New Year, which falls on Feb 8 this year.
Chinese people will reunite with their families and welcome the New Year together. Let's have a look at the Spring Festival travel rush over the past years.
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- China's urban unemployment rate steady at 4.05 pct
- German ecologist helps relieve poverty in Sichuan
- 'Unhurried' Guizhou village makes NY Times list of places to visit
- Railway police nab 40,315 fugitives in 2015
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap
- Powerful snowstorm threatens US East Coast; flights canceled
- 2015 Earth's hottest year on record: US agencies
- 8 killed in car bomb near Russian Embassy in Kabul
- Researchers find possible ninth planet beyond Neptune