Guangdong looks to Taiwan island for economic co-operation
Updated: 2016-01-23 16:50
By Zheng Caixiong in Guangzhou(chinadaily.com.cn)
Guangdong's top political advisor urged political parties, groups and organizations in the province to further advance their co-operations this year with their counterparts in Taiwan island.
"Guangdong's CPPCC members should play an active and constructive role in promoting the mutual co-operations between political parties and organizations between Guangdong and Taiwan provinces this year," according to Wang Rong, chairman of Guangdong Provincial Committee of Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC).
Wang made his remarks at the opening ceremony of the 4th session of the province's top political advisory body in Guangdong's provincial capital on Saturday.
"The co-operations, exchanges and visits with Taiwan's grass-root political parties and those from the middle and southern region of Taiwan island should, particularly, be enhanced this year," Wang said.
Wang, 58, was Party chief of Shenzhen's special economic zone before being elected as Guangdong's top political advisor last year.
"The mutual visits and exchanges with Taiwan's youth and small-to-medium enterprises should also be expanded," he added.
Wang promised his political advisory body would actively build a platform for the province's CPPCC members from Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao as well as Chinese living abroad to participate in the administration and discussion of the State's affairs and construction of Guangdong's free trade zones and the country's "Belt and Road initiative" this year.
Wang's committee would organize even more overseas CPPCC members and overseas Chinese entrepreneurs to visit Guangdong, one of the country's economic powerhouses, and seek valuable advice for the province's economic construction this year.
Wang said he hoped members from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan contribute in building Guangdong's Nansha, Qianhai, and Hengqin free trade zones, located in Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Zhuhai respectively, into model zones of co-operation among Guangdong, Hong Kong, and Macao's special administrative regions in the years to come.
Around 977 members attended this year's CPPCC session in Guangdong province which ends on Tuesday.Contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap