Fourth session of 11th Shaanxi Provincial Committee of CPPCC opens
Updated: 2016-01-24 11:19
By Ma Lie in Xi'an(chinadaily.com.cn)
The fourth session of the 11th Shaanxi Provincial Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) began on Saturday in Xi'an, capital of Shaanxi province.
During the week-long meeting, nearly 600 provincial CPPCC members from the province's 32 sectors will carry out political consultation, democratic supervision, participation in discussion and administration of State affairs related to Shaanxi's social and economic development during the 13th Five-Year Plan (2016-2020).
Ma Zhongping, chairman of the provincial committee, said that in the new situation, doing a good job in the work of the CPPCC: "We must always adhere to the leadership of the Communist Party of China in order to always maintain the correct political direction".
Ma said 2016 was the first year of the decisive stage for building a well-off society and CPPCC members should make new contributions to achieve the province's economic and social development goals during the 13th Five-Year Plan.
Feng Yueju, vice-chairwoman, said that since the third session, the committee had received 890 proposals and filed 797 which were all completed.
"The proposals involved five areas, the economy, politics, culture, society and ecological and civilization construction, which highlighted steady growth, structural adjustment, risk prevention, reform, legal strength, people's livelihood benefits, harmony promotion and security," she said.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap