The Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin appoints new general manager Mr. Montanari
Updated: 2016-01-26 14:16
Tianjin, China, January 22, 2016–Accomplished hotelier, Mr. Hugo Montanari, has joined The Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin as its new General Manager, bringing over 12 years of highly respected operational excellence, strong leadership skills, international and brand experience to this iconic hotel at Tianjin.
General Manager Mr. Hugo Montanari
A French and Italian dual-national, Mr. Montanari was fortunate to grow up in a multi-cultural environment living in several countries including Bangladesh, India and Papua New Guinea, among others. He graduated from the prestigious EcoleHôtelière de Lausanne with internships in the famous Michelin One-Star Restaurant Des Trois Tours in Switzerland and Aramark Catering in London. Mr. Montnarai then built his career for 6 years with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts in Dubai and at the world-famous The Plaza Hotel in New York, before moving to The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company where he has spent the past 4 years.
Prior to The Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin, Mr. Montanari spent two years as the Director of Operations at The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore where he played an integral part in opening India’s first Ritz-Carlton hotel. He then moved to The Ritz-CarltonSanya,Yalong Bay and worked as Hotel Manager for the past two years. His achievement was recognized by China Hotelier Magazine when he was nominated as Hotel Manager of the Year in 2015.
Mr. Montanari was also instrumental in the successful openings of four high profile hotels including The Ritz-Carlton, Chengdu, The Ritz-Carlton, Kyoto, The Ritz-Carlton, Macau, and Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton, Reserve.
As the General Manager, Mr. Montanari’s wealth of operational and managerial experience, and strong leadership skills, will be important assets to further develop the hotel products and services and enhance the prestigious image of The Ritz-Carlton, Tianjin.In the meanwhile, Mr. Montanari will oversee all pre-opening efforts for The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company’s second residences in the China portfolio, The Ritz-Carlton Executive Residences, Tianjin which will be opening soon in 2016.
As an outdoor enthusiast, Mr. Montanari enjoys competing in marathons and also extends his passion for sports to charity by participating in Charity runs and walks to raise funds for the less fortunate. In his new role, Mr. Montanari will also be paying close attention to the community in Tianjin and leading efforts to implement the commitment to Community Footprints, a focus ofThe Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company globally.
Outside of work, spending time with family is one of the great loves for Mr. Montanari. He enjoys travelling with his wife and two children, discovering different destinations and is a keen amateur travel photographer to record many memorable moments with the family. Mr. Montanari says “Tianjin is an increasingly popular destination with a long history and rich culture heritage where my family and I are very excited to explore and learn the interesting local customs”.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap
- Drone makers see soaring growth but dark clouds circle industry
- China's Zhang reaches Australian Open quarterfinals
- Spring Festival in the eyes of Chinese painters
- Cold snap brings joy and beauty to south China
- The making of China Daily's Tibetan-style English font
- First trains of Spring Festival travel depart around China
- Dough figurines of Monkey King welcome the New Year
- Ning Zetao, Liu Hong named China's athletes of the year
8 highlights about V-day Parade
Glimpses of Tibet: Plateaus, people and faith
Chinese entrepreneurs remain optimistic despite economic downfall
50th anniversary of Tibet autonomous region
Tianjin explosions: Deaths, destruction and bravery
Cinemas enjoy strong first half
Today's Top News
National Art Museum showing 400 puppets in new exhibition
Finest Chinese porcelains expected to fetch over $28 million
Monkey portraits by Chinese ink painting masters
Beijing's movie fans in for new experience
Obama to deliver final State of the Union speech
Shooting rampage at US social services agency leaves 14 dead
Chinese bargain hunters are changing the retail game
Chinese president arrives in Turkey for G20 summit
Geared to go
The place to be