Head of China National Statistics Bureau under probe
Updated: 2016-01-26 19:35
BEIJING - Wang Baoan, head of the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), is being investigated for "severe disciplinary violation," according to the top anti-graft body of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
Wang, 52, is also the secretary of the leading Party group of NBS, said a statement released late Tuesday by the CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.
Wang was appointed the current posts in April last year, after serving as vice minister of finance, according to his resume at the NBS official website.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- Special envoy to visit Laos and Vietnam
- El Nino expected to wreak havoc in S. America well into 2016
- Police officer rescues frightened sloth at corner of busy highway
- US Secretary of State visits Laos, aiming to boost ties
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard