Chinese official calls for patriotism, shared values
Updated: 2016-01-28 04:30
BEIJING -- Senior Chinese official Liu Yunshan on Wednesday called for efforts to bolster patriotism and shared values.
Liu, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, stressed ethical and cultural progress to build a moderately prosperous society in an all-around manner.
People's faith in the country's independent "path, theory and system" should be further boosted, Liu said at a conference held by a central commission to direct the promotion of spiritual civilization.
The general public's awareness of the new governing concepts and strategies of the CPC Central Committee should be raised, said Liu, head of the commission.
He noted that core socialist values should be deeply rooted among the people, and family-inherited integrity should be advocated.
Core socialist values include national goals of prosperity, democracy, civility and harmony; social goals of freedom, equality, justice and the rule of law; and individual values of patriotism, dedication, integrity and friendship.
He also urged efforts to promote patriotism embodied in the Chinese Dream, and to improve public etiquette.
Efforts will continue to rectify filthy and disorder public space, and acts of dishonesty, as well as spreading harmful information on the Internet, Liu stressed.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- Thousands of beckoning cat on display in Japan's Goutoku Temple
- Chinese fishing boat capsizes off S. Korean island: Yonhap
- 42 cases of Zika infection reported in N.E. Panama
- US announces further amendments to Cuba sanctions
- Special envoy to visit Laos and Vietnam
- El Nino expected to wreak havoc in S. America well into 2016