Xi urges grasp of China's strategic focuses
Updated: 2016-01-30 16:45
BEIJING - President Xi Jinping has ordered officials to have an accurate understanding of the country's strategic focuses for economic and social development between 2016 and 2020.
He also demanded concrete actions to turn the blueprint for the 13th Five-Year Plan period into reality, according to a statement released Saturday.
Xi made the remarks during the 30th group study by the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee on Friday.
"A clear grasp of China's strategic focuses is pivotal to a good start of the 13th Five-Year Plan period and to the completion of a moderately prosperous society in an all-round way," said the president.
- Students must learn safety education, experts say
- 73 bodies recovered from rubble of Shenzhen landslide
- Chinese travelers lead 2015 global outbound tourism
- S Korea to issue 10-year visa to highly-educated Chinese tourists
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Negotiating political transition in Syria 'possible': Hollande
- At least three killed in light plane crashes in Australia
- BOJ further eases monetary policy, delays inflation target
- DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb
- Goodwill sets tone at Wang, Kerry's briefing
- Obama picks new Afghan commander