Chris Rock continues to serve hosting duties for Oscars
Updated: 2016-01-25 14:11
Chris Rock on the poster of this year's Oscar Awards. [Photo/Mtime.com]
The producer also told Entertainment Tonight that Chris Rock, who often addresses issues of race in his movies and stand-up, may deliver some "OscarSoWhite" jokes during the ceremony.
He adds that the Oscars are ready and excited for the comedian to do that, because that's what the public wants to see in the show.
Rock has earlier joked about the rising Oscar race issue, due to all 20 artists up for prizes being white, and only one non-white person, Mexican director Alejandro Inarritu, earning a best director nomination.
This has caused celebrities to pull out of this year's show, and Tyrese Gibson even encouraged Rock to withdraw from hosting duties.
However, most people believe Rock is the best person to address the controversy.
The 88th Annual Academy Awards will kick off at 8:30 pm Eastern Time on February 28.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- Special envoy to visit Laos and Vietnam
- El Nino expected to wreak havoc in S. America well into 2016
- Police officer rescues frightened sloth at corner of busy highway
- US Secretary of State visits Laos, aiming to boost ties
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard