Swiss watchmaker Roger Dubuis bucks the trend
Updated: 2016-04-29 08:18
By Sun Yuanqing(China Daily)
[Photo provided to China Daily]
Roger Dubuis is mostly known for its extravagant watches priced from 150,000 yuan to nearly 10 million. It makes about 4,500 watches annually, all with the Geneva Seal that certifies origin and standards.
Meanwhile, the brand used Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie 2016, the trade fair of the luxury watch industry, to promote its ultra-feminine Velvet collection, making women's watches its focus this year.
As of now, women's watches account for 30 percent of the brand's business, but are expected to reach 40 per cent within the next two years, says Pontroue.
"We want customers to see us as a brand with extreme creativity, a brand that is daring, extravagant and different. If you have these ingredients, you can do it for both men and women," he says.
The brand has more than 200 points of sales worldwide, among which 21 are boutiques. South Korea, Japan and China are among the company's fastest growing markets, while Switzerland and the United States remain its biggest, says Pontroue.
- UN urges DPRK to stop 'further provocative action'
- China stresses Putin's expected visit
- British FM visits Cuba for 1st time since 1959
- Trump attacks Clinton on gender, risking backlash from women
- Pirate radio poses surprising challenge in internet age
- DPRK's Musudan missile launch appears to have failed