China's volleyball teams to face Japan for EAG medals
Updated: 2013-10-12 16:55
TIANJIN, China - China will take on Japan in the men's volleyball semifinals and the women's volleyball final at the 6th East Asian Games on Saturday.
China finished third in the men's volleyball round-robin preliminiaries and will play against Japan in the semifinals on Saturday. The other semifinals will be played between Chinese Taipei and South Korea.
The Chinese women's volleyball team beat the Hong Kong team 3-0 in the semifinals on Friday, and will face Japan, who also advanced into the final after a 3-1 win over DPR Korea, on Saturday.
"Though we won the match against the team of Hong Kong easily, the performance of our girls was not their best. We had a three-day rest before the semifinals. Today's match is a good opportunity for us to fine-tune our form," said coach Dong Ruijun.
"The young players of the Chinese men's volleyball team need more matches to improve teamwork. We will try to beat Japan in the semifinals," said Ju Genyin, head coach of the Chinese team.
Ju's team lost to Japan in the group competitions on Monday.
- China qualifies to women's Volleyball World Championships
- China's Shandong beats Kazakhstan at women's volleyball tournament
- Women's volleyball team moving forward under Lang's charge
- Kazakhstan defeats India at China volleyball tourney
- China defeats Kazakhstan at men's volleyball tournament
- Chinese women's volleyball team wins first match under Lang Ping's charge
- Victoria Beckham S/S 2014 presented during NYFW
- 'Despicable' minions upset Depp's 'Lone Ranger' at box office
- 'Taken 2' grabs movie box office crown
- Rihanna's 'Diamonds' tops UK pop chart
- Fans get look at vintage Rolling Stones
- Celebrities attend Power of Women event
- Ang Lee breaks 'every rule' to make unlikely new Life of Pi film
- Rihanna almost thrown out of nightclub
Rallying to the rescue of fishermen
Writers chase dreams online
US Sinophile traces the evolution of Chinese words
Officials: A matter of faith
Xi visits Indonesia, Malaysia, attends APEC Summit
National Day holidays around the world
Today's Top News
Edward Snowden meets father in Russia
G20 urges US to act quickly to avoid default
China can learn from US in shale gas exploration
China's Sept exports down 0.3%, imports rise 7.4%
China mulls adjusting rules on bank liquidity
Obama and Republicans struggle to break deadlock
Yuan clearing bank in sight
OPCW wins Nobel Peace Prize
Geared to go
The place to be