Over 3700 athletes expected at Nanjing Youth Olympics
Updated: 2014-07-22 10:13
NANJING - More than 3700 athletes from 204 countries and regions will be taking part in the summer Youth Olympic Games to be held next month in Nanjing, organizers confirmed on Monday.
According to the Nanjing Organizing Committee for the 2014 Youth Olympics (NYOGOC), a total of 3787 athletes from 204 NOCs have completed registration procedures by the deadline of July 18 for the Nanjing Youth Games.
Host China will be represented by 123 athletes, the largest delegation among all 204 NOCs, at the Aug 16-28 Games.
Nanjing 2014 will be the second edition of the summer Youth Olympic Games, following the inaugural edition in Singapore in 2010.
The Youth Olympic Games, the brainchild of former IOC president Jacques Rogge, are for the young athletes aged between 15 and 18.
- Xi Jinping encourages Youth Games volunteers
- Nanjing races to clean air before Youth Games
- On alert for upcoming Youth Games
- Youth Games torch relay goes to the moon
- Shanxi decides to bid for the 2019 National Youth Games
- Olympic flame for Nanjing Youth Games lit in Athens
- Youth Games: Renewal in Nanjing
- Pin exchange, a new 'athletic event' at Asian Youth Games
- Asian Youth Games urged to 'Say No to Doping'
- Chinese girl lifts 1st gold in Asian Youth Games
- Star Stefanie Sun holds concert in Beijing
- Faye Wong's manager refutes star's drug rumors
- Lu Yi and daughter Bei Er pose for street snaps
- Photoshoots of actress Li Xiaomeng
- Council of Fashion Designers of America Awards
- Fan Bingbing, first Chinese actress in Barbie Hall of Fame
- Awarding ceremony of 2014 hito Pop Music held in Taipei
- Zhao Liying's photo shoot for Children's Day
Xi attends BRICS summit
China helps fight international war on drugs
Crackdown on terrorist attacks
My China Story: Meeting the master
Tongues tied around tatu-bola
A market that's not such a hot property
Today's Top News
RMB developing quickly as major world currency
China, Cuba to further advance ties
Chinese get to know Cuba through salsa
Caracas seeks to lure more Chinese tourists
Xi arrives in Venezuela for state visit
Chinese students rank highest in financial literacy test
Chinese President Xi leaves for Venezuela
Black boxes of MH17 under 'control': rebels
Geared to go
The place to be
Cultural divide appears at symposium on empowering women
SPINEXPO puts Chinese textiles front and center