China climbs to 88th in the latest FIFA rankings
Updated: 2014-10-24 13:39
BEIJING - China climbed to 88th on the October edition of the overall FIFA world rankings, nine positions higher than last month, according to the FIFA website.
China also made it to the top 10 on the continental table, ranking ninth by overtaking Qatar, Australia, and Saudi Arabia.
The Chinese men's team played two warm-up games in October and won both.
China beat Thailand 3-0 on October 10 in Changsha, which was taken as a revenge for last year's 5-1 and Asian Games' 2-0 losses to the Thais.
Four days later, China beat Paraguay 2-1 in Changsha.
Iran maintained the top side in Asia, followed by Japan, Uzbekistan and South Korea.
Germany is still No. 1 with Argentina second and Columbia third in the world.
- FIFA boss wants to see end-of-year Qatar Cup
- FIFA say 2018 WCup final arena 'ahead of schedule'
- Garcia wants FIFA transparency
- England has racism problem - FIFA official
- FIFA's ethics judge will make final call
- FIFA official wants concussion breaks
- FIFA rejects Barcelona appeal, no new signings allowed in 2015
- FIFA pressing Italy for probe on racism
- Party points way for rule of law
- Party's leadership "most fundamental guarantee" for rule of law in China
- CPC officials ordered to stop meddling judicial cases
- Rule of law must follow China's path
- Senior justice official probed in Hunan
- PepsiCo sponsors Tsinghua University to train future biz leaders
Decoding China cyber-society
Safeguarding foreigners' rights
Getting my first hair cut in Ningbo
The ancient army that's still growing
China responds over "hacker infiltration to Apple's iCloud"
Hard times for the lords of the rings
Today's Top News
New York doctor tests positive for Ebola
8 popular icons on traditional Chinese architecture
Top talent exits pose problems for CICC
Regulator says capital outflow fears unfounded
China's manufacturing expands in October
Canada Parliament gunman had planned to travel to Syria
Official: 3 dead, 2 hurt in US midair crash
Geared to go
The place to be