Riders and horses ready for Ethnic Games
Updated: 2015-08-08 18:32
ORDOS, Inner Mongolia - One day to go before the Chinese Ethnic Games, riders and their best companions are preparing to show their best self in this quadrennial tournament.
Four teams from Xinjiang, Tibet, Inner Mongolia and Hubei will be featured at the 10th edition of the games.
According to a staff member in the horse training venue, 360 stables are available for 266 horses from four teams.
"We have more than 40 bathing facilities, which can give these horses a suitable temperature," he said.
Tibet is the first team to move into the training area on July 5 to adapt, as they have more time to reduce the impact of different environments for horses, while three other teams have been training here for more than one week.
The 17-year-old Ulzii from Inner Mongolia will have his Ethnic Games debut, along with his friend, "Dort".
"I love football, and my favorite team is Bundesliga's Dortmund. This is why I call it 'Dort'," Ulzii said.
Outside the stables is a basketball court, where several team staff from Xinjiang are displaying their shooting and passing skills.
"Once we have leisure time, we will play for a while to relax," one staff said.
Xinjiang has a father-son duo, with the father Jarl Maimaiti Barat Jean as coach and 16-year-old son Haysar Jarl Maimaiti being a racer for six years.
Haysar Jarl Maimaiti won his first prize at the age of 10.
"It inspired me to become a horse rider," Haysar Jarl Maimaiti said.
Haysar Jarl Maimaiti has two horses for this Ethnic Games: cyan-colored "Lin Chong", named after an ancient Chinese hero, and brown-colored "Xinjiang Princess".
"When I saw 'Lin Chong' for the first time, I felt he was so beautiful," Haysar Jarl Maimaiti said.
One day to go, Ulzii, Haysar Jarl Maimaiti, "Lin Chong" and "Princess" are all ready for action.
- Some 200 migrants believed dead in Mediterranean shipwreck
- Chinese FM rejects Philippine, Japanese, US claims on South China Sea issue
- 'Major breakthrough' may help solve riddle
- Hiroshima marks 70th anniversary of bombing
- World 'watching' Japan's next move
- Migrant boat capsizes in Mediterranean, at least 25 dead
- 30 historic and cultural neighborhoods to visit in China
- Beijing Museum of Natural History unveils 'Night at the Museum'
- Sun Yang wins third consecutive 800m free gold at worlds
- Aerial escape
- Freshmen of top universities from poorer families work part time to reduce family burden
- 17 armed forces take part in Russia military contest
- A glimpse of traditional Chinese business blocks
- Top 5 most popular drones in China
Seventh China-US strategic dialogue
Premier Li embarks on Latin America visit
What do we know about AIIB
Full coverage of Boao Forum for Asia
Annual legislative and political advisory sessions
Spring Festival trends reflect a changing China
Today's Top News
China willing to work with US to contribute to world peace, stability
China asks further investigation on MH370
Police fatally shoot ax-wielding man at Nashville movie theater
Study-abroad tours in US booming
Malaysia confirms plane debris is from Flight MH370
IMF to study yuan inclusion
LA clinic seeks fertility-market access
China and US discuss ways to fight terror
Geared to go
The place to be