China move into the final stage of Asia qualifiers after 15 years
Updated: 2016-03-30 07:36
Wu Lei makes it two in the dying time. [Photo/IC]
According to the rule of the qualifiers, group winners and top four second-placed teams advance to the next phase. The first stage of the qualifiers was thought to be an easy job for China when they were drawn with Qatar, Maldives, Bhutan and Hong Kong, China.
However, two stunning ties against Hong Kong, China put China into a tough situation. Only a victory over Qatar in the last round could leave China the hope to make the final round of Asia's 2018 World Cup qualifiers. Thanks to Australia, the Philippines and Iran who beat Jordan, DPR Korea and Oman respectively, China eked into the last 12 with 17 points in Group C.
- US officials applaud China for nuclear cooperation
- Beyonce, Easter Bunny highlight Obama's final egg roll
- Egypt Air flight hijacked and lands in Cyprus
- Brazil party set to abandon Rousseff
- Man shot and wounded by police at US Capitol complex
- One terror suspect arrested in Rotterdam at France's request