Chinese warship carrying 83 evacuees from Yemen arrives in Djibouti
Updated: 2015-04-07 10:24
Chinese people prepare to board a Chinese navy frigate to depart for their country during an evacuation from Yemen at a sea port in the western port city of Hodeidah, Yemen, April 6, 2015. [Photo/IC]
DJIBOUTI -- A Chinese navy ship carrying 83 Chinese nationals and foreign citizens evacuated from Yemen arrived Monday morning at the Port of Djibouti, about 12 hours after it left Yemen's western port of al-Hodayda.
Aboard the Linyi missile frigate were the last batch of Chinese nationals and staff members of the Chinese Embassy, and also 45 Sri Lanka nationals.
It is the fourth evacuation mission organized by the Chinese government since Saudi-led coalition forces launched air strikes in Yemen against the Shiite Houthi group.
- The world in photos: March 30- April 5
- Chinese warship arrives in Djibouti
- Intl Pillow Fight Day celebrated around world
- Fast-growing Asian aviation confronts safety challenges
- Vietnam, Russia agree to deepen energy cooperation
- Museum reveals evidence of alleged Japanese wartime 'medical experiments'