China welcomes destruction of Syrian chemical weapons: Spokeswoman
Updated: 2016-01-06 17:03
By Wang Qingyun(chinadaily.com.cn)
China "welcomes and appreciates" the destruction of Syrian chemical weapons, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said on Wednesday.
Hua's comment came after the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons announced on Monday the destruction of all chemical weapons declared by Syria.
"This is a successful attempt by the international community to resolve the Syrian chemical weapons crisis, and is the result of joint efforts by the Syrian government, the OPCW, the United Nations and other international parties,'' Hua said.
"China has always supported the destruction of Syrian chemical weapons and has made contributions in this regard," she said.
China will "continue to work with various parties to push for a political solution for the Syrian issue", she said.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap