Books on China in Arabic put in Middle East bookstores
Updated: 2016-01-20 00:21
By HOU LIQIANG in Cairo, Egypt(China Daily)
President Xi Jinping'sThe Governance of Chinain Chinese, Arabic and English is in the book exhibition in Cairo.
China's leading foreign language press has put fixed bookshelves in bookstores in Egypt and the United Arab Emirates for its publications that have been translated into Arabic to help Arabic people get to know China.
Jing Xiaomin, vice-president of China Intercontinental Press, made the announcement when the press launched Chinese Book Exhibition Week at the International Book Center in Cairo on Tuesday, one day ahead of Chinese President Xi Jinping's state visit to Egypt from Wednesday to Friday. Jing said there will be bookshelves in two bookstores in Egypt and one in the United Arab Emirates.
Jiang Jianguo, minister of the State Council Information Office and Haytham Hajali, head of the Egyptian general book authority, cut a ribbon for the Chinese Book Exhibition Week. More than 100 readers and students participated in the ceremony.
The exhibition includes more than 100 types of books on modern China, Chinese culture, children's books and Chinese classic literature. The Chinese, Arabic and English edition of Xi's bookThe Governance of Chinais also exhibited.
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Police unravel market where babies are bought, sold as commodities
- More older pregnant women expected
- Netizen backlash 'ugly' Spring Festival Gala mascot
- China builds Mongolian language corpus
- 2 Chinese nationals killed, 1 injured in suspected bomb attack in Laos
- New York, Washington clean up after fatal blizzard
- 'Plane wreckage' found in Thailand fuels talk of missing Malaysian jet
- Washington shuts down govt, NY rebounds after blizzard
- 7 policemen, 3 civilians killed in Egypt's Giza blast
- Former US Marine held in Iran arrives home after swap