China to better integrate satellite applications with Internet
Updated: 2015-11-14 16:12
BEIJING - China will step up satellite application and its integration with emerging Internet industries to promote economic development, an official said Friday.
China has built a complete aerospace industry with nearly 60 years of development. More than 130 satellites are operating stably in orbit.
The country will bolster the integration of Internet services and the application of satellites to expand the industrial scale of satellites for communication, navigation and remote sensing, said Xu Dazhe, director of China National Space Administration.
Private companies will be encouraged to participate in providing satellite services, he said.
China will also enhance cooperation with other countries and promote sharing of satellite data, he said.
- Valletta summit enhances political will to solve migration crisis amid concerns about EU consolidation
- S Korean court upholds life sentence for ferry captain
- China, US prepare for dialogue to fight cybercrime
- Myanmar's opposition to independently form government
- Obama signs executive order on lifting sanctions against Liberia
- Reputed New York mobster, 80, cleared in 1978 'Goodfellas' heist