Developers' economy sets to boom in China: Google executive
Updated: 2016-08-04 13:09
By Liu Zheng(chinadaily.com.cn)
People walk past logos of Google at an exhibition stage during the 4th China (Shanghai) International Technology Fair 2016 in Shanghai, China, April 21, 2016.[Photo/Agencies]
He said that due to competition becoming white hot and rapid rise in cost in domestic market for app developers to attract users, an overseas market that protects copyright and consumption custom for paid apps have lured the attention and provided more opportunities for the developers.
"Apps that provide contents and services, such as social media apps, live streaming apps, maps, mobile payments apps and online shopping apps have become the new trends for Chinese developers targeted in emerging markets such as India and Southeast Asia counties," said Wei.
"Respect in humility as how innovative that the Chinese companies are. I'm constantly flowed by the innovation that I see here," said Galbraith.
NetEase's virtual reality game Twilight Pioneers, an Action Role Playing Game (ARPG), was revealed at Google I/O 2016 as one of the first games to commit to Google's new high quality mobile virtual reality platform built on top of Android called Daydream.
According to Galbraith, NetEase not only developed many compelling titles, "they are really good at creating great game mechanics and really fun games, and also developed really great technologies underneath those games."
Galbraith with his team went to see some demos and the latest games NetEase is working on, and he was "blown away".
Daydream is a virtual reality (VR) platform that enables high quality VR on Android smartphones. It was announced at Google I/O 2016.
"Daydream is a unique take of Google on virtual reality, and the industry can be scaled up," said Galbraith.
According to Galbraith, Daydream goes back to their vision of Cardboard,
"Daydream is the next step in our journey, instead of buying a super fancy computer that cost thousands of dollars and fancy gears that expensive to create rig at home, you just need to buy a new android phone that daydream complied," said Galbraith.
"Daydream will take VR to a lot of people who have not been able to experience the device."
The company has worked with many Chinese developers who are excited to work with Daydream.
"With two unique Nexus phones, one will be put into Cardboard display and the other simulate the Daydream controller, and users can start to build Daydream applications using Unity, and special plug-in we created with Unity," said Galbraith.
- Chinese scientists claim possible breakthrough in HIV, hepatitis cure
- Connection lost: does technology make long distance dating harder?
- Chinese firm reports record-breaking optic fiber transmission
- Travel in space poised to spread its wings
- Tibet envisioned as hub of Himalayas
- Health certificate steps reduced for foreigners
- Nepal's newly elected PM takes oath
- Texas gun law worries incoming students
- China vows to deepen economic, trade cooperation with ASEAN
- Fire guts Emirates jet after hard landing; 1 firefighter dies
- Egypt's Nobel-laureate scientist dies of illness in US
- THAAD muscle flexing unmasks anxiety over declining hegemony