Smart home system gets standardized platform
Updated: 2016-08-09 10:49
By Fan Feifei(Chinadaily.com.cn)
Staff from Midea Group show how its smart kitchen works at an international electric home appliance expo in Berlin, Germany. [Photo/Xinhua]
A standardized platform of smart home system was established to provide relevant technical standards for smart home and connect major home appliance makers with consumers and other links with supply chain.
TCL Smart Home Technology (Shenzhen) Co Ltd, an affiliate of home appliance manufacturer TCL Corp, and Midea Group's smart home appliances platform M-Smart announced strategic cooperation with The Alliance Technology, a technology and application service provider on Monday in Beijing to set up smart home industry standard named "iTecGenesis".
Wang Gang, the general manager of TCL Smart home said at the launch ceremony that "The platform is open. For equipment manufacturers, joining into this alliance could let them connect with many service providers, such as logistics and supply chain partners, and consumers."
TCL Smart Home and Tianhui United will offer interconnection technologies, data and services for all members at the platform.
It is the first time that two home appliances giants TCL and Midea have carried out cooperation in strategy, products and business.
Although the smart home concept has developed in China for about 10 years, it still hasn't been able to enter people's daily life.
Experts said the establishment of standardized platform will promote the development of domestic smart home industry and quicken the pace of gearing to the international standards.
- New lab will explore South China Sea resources
- 40 telecom fraud suspects returned to China
- Cheery promotional video introduces G20 city Hangzhou to Europe
- Researchers claim intelligence services targeted Chinese airline
- Tunnel-bus production center faces delays
- Chinese Valentine's Day Special: Love conquers everything
- Nepal's newly elected PM takes oath
- Texas gun law worries incoming students
- China vows to deepen economic, trade cooperation with ASEAN
- Fire guts Emirates jet after hard landing; 1 firefighter dies
- Egypt's Nobel-laureate scientist dies of illness in US
- THAAD muscle flexing unmasks anxiety over declining hegemony