China's business index improves in Q3: central bank
Updated: 2016-09-18 17:03
BEIJING - China's business people reported better operational conditions for the third quarter of 2016 and were more confident with the broader economy, said the central bank Sunday.
The business index grew to 50.3 percent from 48.3 percent in the second quarter and the profitability index rose to 54.7 percent from 52.7 percent, according to a survey by the People's Bank of China (PBOC).
In addition, the economic vitality index and the economic confidence index improved over the previous quarter, indicating a brighter outlook.
A separate PBOC survey found that Chinese bankers also thought economic vitality recovered between July and September.
According to the survey, 78.2 percent of the polled bankers believed the monetary policy was "proper," up from 74.6 percent in the second quarter.
- Merkel faces setback in Berlin vote due to migrant fears
- Anti-TTIP protesters take to streets in Germany
- Death toll of Friday's suicide blast in NW Pakistan rises to 36
- In photos: Explosion rocks Chelsea in New York City
- UN General Assembly kicks off 71st session
- Britain records warmest September day since 1911