Technology adds luster to 11.11 shopping festival
Updated: 2016-11-09 06:55
By Zhu Lingqing(chinadaily.com.cn)
JD.com: Drones, driverless cars and unmanned warehouses
A conveying robot works in JD.com's fully-automated warehouse. [Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn]
JD.com Inc, the second-largest domestic online retailer by market share, is focusing on intelligent logistics. The company has developed drones, driverless cars and fully-automated warehouses to automate its logistics flow, according to a report by Xinhua.
In a fully-automated warehouse, goods can be sorted and delivered by robots that can make independent judgments and act according to different application scenarios and types of goods.
- Midnight vote in tiny New Hampshire town kicks off
- Swedish prosecutor says Assange interview set for Nov 14
- UK preparing legislation to trigger Brexit, confident of deadline
- Park agrees to accept parliament-nominated prime minister
- Chinese voters hold heated debates
- Summit of Climate Conscience kicks off in Morocco