Teens win Beijing technology innovation contest
Updated: 2015-05-25 10:52
By Pu Zhendong(chinadaily.com.cn)
More than 180 winners of a national teenagers' science and technology innovation contest gathered in the Beijing Happy Valley on Saturday to display their talents and celebrate victory.
The contest, themed "science builds future dreams", was launched in March together with the Internet Film and TV Center of the Chinese Communist Youth League. Students of 516 schools from 27 provinces have participated in the prestigious competition, with four first prizes, 16 second prizes and 40 third prizes awarded after three rounds of judging.
Wan Xingya, director of the Administration Department of the Internet Film and TV Center of the Chinese Communist Youth League, said the activity released the "innovative energy" of Chinese teenagers, who are ready to take on challenges in real life.
"More students have learned to embrace advanced technology that has inspired our society while pursuing their own dreams of being an inventor," Wan said.
The organization has also been managing the website of www.k188.cn, an online portal constructed especially for teenagers containing news, entertainment and study materials. It receives 20 million clicks daily.
- Fourth generation of 'face-kini' soon to hit beach in Qingdao
- Tibetan town captures photos of their 'panda deity'
- 600 arrested in Beijing's vice crackdown
- Building collapse in Guizhou caused by landslide: govt
- Xi welcomes Japan delegation but warns against historical distortion
- Chinese Vice-Premier stresses flood control
- Ireland becomes first country to vote for equal marriage: PM
- Gov't declares high alert after landslide blocks Kali Gandaki River in Nepal
- Restorers give shape to Pompeii victims
- China, Russia end joint naval exercises
- Japanese visit underlines thaw in relations
- China, Brazil cooperation can ride 'winds and tides'