SW China province seize 23 tonnes of drugs in 2015
Updated: 2016-01-31 18:40
Police in the border province cracked down on 22,000 drug cases and local rehab centers took in over 67,000 drug users in 2015, according to the public security department of Yunnan.
Last year marked the end of the province's five-year campaign against drug crime.
Yunnan is among the Chinese regions most affected by drug use, due to its proximity to the opium-growing Golden Triangle in neighboring Southeast Asian countries. It is also a source of domestic drugs.
- Students must learn safety education, experts say
- 73 bodies recovered from rubble of Shenzhen landslide
- Chinese travelers lead 2015 global outbound tourism
- S Korea to issue 10-year visa to highly-educated Chinese tourists
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Negotiating political transition in Syria 'possible': Hollande
- At least three killed in light plane crashes in Australia
- BOJ further eases monetary policy, delays inflation target
- DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb
- Goodwill sets tone at Wang, Kerry's briefing
- Obama picks new Afghan commander