NW China province probes arrests of reporters
Updated: 2016-01-31 20:20
The provincial procuratorate told Xinhua they had sent an investigation team to Wuwei City, where the reporters were arrested, and would make the results known to the public.
The reporters from three local newspapers were reported missing in Wuwei on Jan. 7. Local police on Jun. 9 said one reporter was detained for involvement in a prostitution case, but changed the wording days later, saying the three were detained on racketeering charges.
- Students must learn safety education, experts say
- 73 bodies recovered from rubble of Shenzhen landslide
- Chinese travelers lead 2015 global outbound tourism
- S Korea to issue 10-year visa to highly-educated Chinese tourists
- A glimpse of Spring Rush: little migrant birds on the way home
- Policy puts focus on genuine artistic students
- Negotiating political transition in Syria 'possible': Hollande
- At least three killed in light plane crashes in Australia
- BOJ further eases monetary policy, delays inflation target
- DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb
- Goodwill sets tone at Wang, Kerry's briefing
- Obama picks new Afghan commander