China, Thailand sign MOU for cooperation in polar science
Updated: 2016-04-06 23:40
BEIJING -- China and Thailand signed a memorandum of understanding for cooperation in polar science research on Wednesday, the State Oceanic Administration of China said.
The MOU was signed between Polar Research Institute of China and Thailand National Science and Technology Development Agency, Chulalongkorn University, Purapha University, National Institute of Development Administration, National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand.
According to the MOU, the two countries will strengthen long-term cooperation in polar marine biology, oceanography, atmosphere and astronomy, geophysics, geochemistry, and other fields.
The MOU was a result of cooperation between the two countries under the framework of Asian Forum for Polar Science.
Five Thai scientists have joined China's Zhongshan Station and Great Wall Station in Antarctica to conduct scientific research.
- Brazil commission recommends impeachment against Rousseff
- Severe storms rage through southern US states
- DPRK to participates in Paris climate signing ceremony
- Canadian PM to apologize for rejection of Sikh people in 1914
- Envoy to Middle East covers a lot of ground
- India detains 5 as temple fire kills 112