Take a glimpse into soccer-related gifts of Xi
Updated: 2016-10-12 11:55
By Wu Yan(chinadaily.com.cn)
Xi receives a jersey bearing his name from Argentina's vice-president Amado Boudou during his visit to the Latin American country in the capital city of Buenos Aires, July 19, 2014. [Photo/Agencies]
"How much is the transfer fee?"
In July 19, 2014, Xi was given an Argentina national team jersey bearing his name and the No 10, as worn by superstar Lionel Messi, from Argentina's vice-president Amado Boudou during Xi's visit to the country.
He said that China hoped to strengthen cooperation with Argentina in improving its soccer level.
A file photo of the shirt of Argentina football club Boca Juniors.
Later on the same day, Xi was given a No 10 jersey from the Boca Juniors football club bearing his name by Mauricio Macri, the then-mayor of Buenos Aires, capital of Argentina. Xi humorously asked Macri, "How much is the transfer fee?"
- Hollande, Merkel, Putin discuss how to implement Minsk peace deal
- Pentagon vows to respond to attempted missile attacks at US destroyer near Yemen
- NASA to invite private companies to install modules on space station
- Trump accused of inappropriate touching by two women
- White House denounces terror attacks in Afghanistan
- Republican voters frown on party establishment's criticism of Donald Trump