Rubens' rare work sold at Christie's
Updated: 2016-07-11 09:59
By Lin Qi(chinadaily.com.cn)
Sir Peter Paul Rubens' Lot and his Daughers. [Photo provided to China Daily]
Lot and His Daughters, which has been unseen in the market for more than a century, was painted between 1613-1614, and shows influence of great works Rubens saw when traveling extensively in Italy.
The work accounts for nearly 70 percent of the total of Christie's sale of old master and British paintings that grosses 65 million pounds.
- Eid al-Fitr celebrated worldwide
- Swedish PM looking at tightening laws after festival sex attacks
- British PM race cut to 3 hopefuls as 2 contenders exit contest
- Chinese herbalists offer free US treatment
- Obama praises Hillary's judgement hours after FBI's censure
- Rio mayor tells Olympic visitors: 'Don't expect New York or London'