Silk Road exhibition highlights links with Russia
Updated: 2016-07-15 16:12
By Lin Qi(chinadaily.com.cn)
Exhibits on display at the National Museum of China show the Russion connection along the Silk Road. [Photo by Jiang Dong/China Daily]
The areas saw a boost in trade between the East and the West, until political instability in western Asia brought the connection to the edge of collapse.
The exhibition tells how the increasing exchanges benefited those ethnic groups along the northern route economically. It also shows the diversity and merging of these cultures.
The displayed costumes, accessories and other daily objects come from the collection of Russian Museum of Ethnography in Saint Petersburg.
The exhibition runs through Oct 7.
- 8-year-old boy gains 11kg to save father
- China rebuts claim it sank Vietnamese fishing boat
- China on high alert as floods kill 237
- What I want is a healthy grandson, so I will try anything I can
- China calls on US, Japan to stop twisting the facts
- Girl suffers sibling rivalry disorder after younger brother's birth