Photofairs Shanghai sees increasing global interest
Updated: 2016-07-22 16:48
By Lin Qi(chinadaily.com.cn)
Photofairs Shanghai will be held from Sept 9 to 11 at the Shanghai Exhibition Center. [Photo provided to China Daily]
A total of 50 galleries from 15 countries will participate in the fair's third edition, and one-fourth of them have never shown in China.
The featured artists will include 19th century photographers Gustave le Gray and Elliott Erwitt, and leading figures in international photography like Mona Kuhn and Cai Dongdong.
Fashion photography will also find a place at the event.
Chinese collector Jin Hongwei, whose Cipa Gallery will be at the fair, says: "Financially speaking, good photography — on the whole — is more accessible than blue chip paintings. It is therefore an interesting way into the art market."
Former photojournalist Liu Heung Shing, who founded the Shanghai Center of Photography, says the fair serves as a window for a large pool of would-be collectors.
"This potential cannot be underestimated given the size of China and the fact that it will be the world's largest economy in the next 10 years."
- Fashion of Queen Elizabeth on exhibition in London
- Hollande urges Britain to begin EU exit talks 'as soon as possible'
- Trump vows law and order if elected
- Chinese cuisine stuns Thai princess
- Security Council holds first secret poll on next UN chief selection
- Turkey's Erdogan declares state of emergency after coup bid