China and Croatia team up to publish children's books
Updated: 2016-08-25 11:34
By Yang Yang(chinadaily.com.cn)
Guangxi Normal University Press singed a strategic agreement with Croatian publisher Djecja Knjiga at the Beijing International Book Fair. [Photo by Li Xianyang/China Daily]
Djecja Knjiga, founded by Kasmir Huseinovic and Andrea Petrlik Huseinovic in 2006, is the largest professional publisher of children's books in Croatia.
GNUP agreed to set up a subsidiary Magic Elephant Books in Croatia in November and invite Kasmir Huseinovic to join it as the manager, said Liu Yang, founder of the Magic Elephant children’s books brand under GNUP.
Illustrator and writer Huseinovic will do the major creative work, said Liu.
"With Magic Elephant Books, GNUP will start a business of children's books in Europe," said Zhang Yibing, president of GNUP Group said.
The cooperation is the latest move for GNUP group to go global after it purchased Australia's Images Publishing Group in 2014 and Britain's The Antique Collectors' Club Publishing Group earlier this month.
- China, Japan, S. Korea should work to make differences controllable
- Several killed after strong quake strikes Italy, topples buildings
- FM's Tokyo trip to help set trilateral G20 cooperation tone, source says
- DPRK's renovated central zoo attracts thousands of visitors every day
- Canadian PM to visit China
- UN Security Council slams deadly terrorist attack in Turkey