A real kung fu movie
Updated: 2015-07-06 14:43
By Xu Fan(chinadaily.com.cn)
Poster for Bloody Destiny. [Photo provided to chinadaily.com.cn]
Bloody Destiny, a movie on a professional boxer's attempts to flee gangsters, was released on the mainland on June 26.
The movie has several action stars including lead actor Gu Shangwei, who was trained by Shaolin masters at age 8, and national wrestling champion Feng Gang.
Its director Zang Xichuan, who has assisted Zhang Yimou on dozen of movies in the past, said: "Even at a time when computer-generated images dominate big-screen productions, I believe that titles like this, with real kung fu in it, still have a market."
South Korean actress Choi Yoon-so adds to the cast charm by playing the protagonist's love interest.
- Veterans mark the beginning of the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression
- Dalai Lama's 80th birthday celebrations politicized: expert
- Broadcasting cooperation strengthened along Belt and Road
- 14 dead in East China shoe factory collapse
- Four dead, 48 injured as earthquke hits Xinjiang
- Beijing's PM2.5 density markedly lower
- Injured ROK tourists in intensive care
- 36 dead, 26 missing after banca capsized in C. Philippines
- Thai navy plans to buy three Chinese subs
- Mass casualties in Indonesian military plane crash
- Japan's LDP lawmaker denounces Abe's security policies
- More than 100 feared dead in Indonesian military plane crash