Thriller Tik Tok set for July release
Updated: 2016-05-23 10:33
By Xu Fan(chinadaily.com.cn)
Taiwan actor Wallace Chung (left) alongside South Korean veteran Lee Jung-jae to promote their costarring movie Tik Tok in Beijing. [Photo provided to China Daily]
The crime thriller will be released in Chinese mainland cinemas on July 15.
Directed by Li Jun, a maker of Chinese TV series, the film revolves around gambling in sports.
"I believe the audience will be excited while watching it," Li said.
Lee, who plays the protagonist, reveals his role as a tough cop has a surprising plot twist.
Assassinator, the highest-grossing film in South Korea last year, and a smash hit in China since its September release here, has made Lee popular with Chinese fans.
Chung has a wide female following in China.
- Russia to build first cruise liner in 60 years
- LinkedIn, Airbnb match refugees with jobs, disaster survivors with rooms
- Duterte 'willing to improve ties' with Beijing
- Canadian PM to introduce transgender rights bill
- Hillary Clinton says her husband not to serve in her cabinet
- New York cake show designs fool your eyes