Photo show captures life in the capital
Updated: 2016-05-27 14:20
By Deng Zhangyu(chinadaily.com.cn)
Photographers participating in the photo exhibition. [Photo provided to China Daily]
All the displayed photos were shot by local people who are fond of taking photos in their spare time. The show aims to select "Photographers of Beijing" every year with rewards for recording what happens in the Chinese capital.
Organizers started receiving photos from local people in April. So far, thousands of photos have been submitted by more than 1,000 local people eager to reveal the beauty of Beijing through their lenses.
About 20 local amateur photographers got funds from the activity as a reward for their photos.
- 2,000 refugees relocated on first day of major police operation
- No sign of EgyptAir plane technical problems before takeoff
- Chinese students at U. of Iowa accused of online cheating
- US Justice Dept. seeks death penalty for South Carolina shooter
- Global health entering new era: WHO chief
- Brazil's planning minister steps aside after recordings revelation