Beijing to offer customized wedding certificate services
Updated: 2016-06-03 11:12
Staff members at a marriage registration office in Beijing offer service for newly-wed couples, May 20, 2016. [Photo/Beijing Times]
The municipal civil affairs bureau announced at a press conference on Tuesday that the city would implement a new norm for marriage registration, the first revision in 11 years.
Beginning July 1, new couples who prefer a fancier customized service can make an appointment in advance with the marriage registration office, the paper said.
A civil affairs official also advised citizens to wear formal suits and wedding dresses, and make appointments for the registration.
- Swiss declare Alps tamed as Gotthard rail tunnel opens
- China urges Japan to properly settle Chinese forced laborers issue
- Searching for remains of Dead Sea Scrolls
- China-US relations shouldn't be hijacked by S. China Sea issue
- To cool you off: The fountain in Washington Square Park
- Americans warned about terror risk this summer