Football carnival held for the kids in Guangzhou
Updated: 2016-06-03 15:55
By Liu Zhihua(chinadaily.com.cn)
150 families gathered in Guangzhou Olympic Stadium to celebrate International Children's Day at 2016 "Kinder+Sport Guangzhou Family Football Carnival", organized by Ferrero China. [Photo provided to China Daily]
Ou Chuliang, assistant coach and former goalkeeper of China's national team, along with Jiang Meizi, captain of Guangzhou Women's Football Team, joined the carnival and played football games with the children.
They also teamed up with 150 kids and played matches against 11 professional football coaches. The children's team defeated the professional coaches' team at 4 to 1.
The families participating in the event had previously taken part in Kinder+Sport family football experiential camp, which lasted a month in May and was the third free camp Ferrero China hosted in Guangzhou with Guangdong Football Association in yearly succession.
Enci Zhou, director of Communications of Ferrero China, says she hopes programs like Kinder+Sport can foster children's interest in sports as well as a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Suspected IS terrorists arrested in Germany
- Japanese boy abandoned by parents in Hokkaido forest found alive
- China to build Africa's biggest university library
- 'Kill list' found in UCLA campus shooter's residence: Police
- Swiss declare Alps tamed as Gotthard rail tunnel opens
- China urges Japan to properly settle Chinese forced laborers issue